L’American College of Cardiology ha recentemente diffuso la lista completa delle late-breaking clinical sessions dell’edizione 2024 del meeting annuale (ACC.24) della società scientifica statunitense, in programma dal 6 all’8 aprile 2024 presso il Georgia World Congress Center di Atlanta. La riportiamo di seguito.
Sabato 6 aprile:
Joint American College of Cardiology/Journal of the American College of Cardiology Late-Breaking Clinical Trials
- A Double-blind, Randomized Placebo Procedure-controlled Trial of an Interatrial Shunt in Patients With HFrEF and HFpEF: Principal Results From the RELIEVE-HF Trial.
- Empagliflozin After Acute Myocardial Infarction: Results of the EMPACT-MI Trial.
- CSL112 (Apolipoprotein A-I) Infusions and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction (ApoA-I Event Reducing in Ischemic Syndromes II (AEGIS-II) Trial): Primary Trial Results.
Featured Clinical Research I
- Comparison of an “Inclisiran First” Strategy With Usual Care in Patients With Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease: Results From the VICTORION-INITIATE Randomized Trial.
- Targeting Weight Loss to Personalize the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Once-weekly Semaglutide in Patients With Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction, Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes: Main Results From the Step-HFpEF Dm Trial.
- Mandibular Advancement Device Versus CPAP For Blood Pressure Reduction in Obstructive Sleep Apnea and High Cardiovascular Risk─ A Randomized Clinical Non-inferiority Trial (CRESCENT trial).
- Remote Acute Assessment of Patients With High Cardiovascular Risk Post-acute Coronary Syndrome (TELE-ACS).
Domenica 7 aprile:
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials II
- Effect of Gamification, Financial Incentives or Both Combined to Increase Physical Activity Among Patients With Elevated Risk For Major Adverse Cardiovascular Events. The Be Active Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Zilebesiran in Combination With a Standard-of-care Antihypertensive in Patients With Inadequately Controlled Hypertension: Primary Results From the Phase 2 Kardia-2 Study.
- Efficacy and Safety of Olezarsen in Patients With Hypertriglyceridemia and High Cardiovascular Risk: Primary Results of the BRIDGE-TIMI 73a Trial.
- Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Phase 3, Study to Evaluate Lerodalcibep Long-term Efficacy and Safety in Patients With, or at Very-high or High Risk, For Cardiovascular Disease on Stable Lipid-lowering Therapy.
- Plozasiran (ARO-APOC3), An Investigational RNAi Therapeutic, Demonstrates Profound and Durable Reductions in APOC-3 and Triglycerides (TG) in Patients With Severe Hypertriglyceridemia (SHTG), SHASTA-2 Final Results.
Joint American College of Cardiology/New England Journal of Medicine Late-Breaking Clinical Trials III
- Self-expanding Versus Balloon-expandable Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients With Small Aortic Annuli: Primary Outcomes From the Randomized Smart Trial.
- Effect of Edetate Disodium Based Chelation Infusions on Cardiovascular Events in Post-MI Patients With Diabetes: The TACT2 Trial.
- Long-term Beta-blocker Treatment After Acute Myocardial Infarction and Preserved Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction: The REDUCE-AMI Trial.
- Percutaneous Transvalvular Micro-axial Flow Pump in Infarct Related Cardiogenic Shock: Results of the Danger-shock Trial.
- One-month Ticagrelor Monotherapy After PCI in Acute Coronary Syndromes: Principal Results From the Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Ultimate DAPT Trial.
Featured Clinical Research II
- Benzodiazepine-free Cardiac Anesthesia For Reduction of Postoperative Delirium (B-Free): A Multi-centre Randomized Cluster Crossover Trial.
- The Diabetes Remote Intervention to Improve Use of Evidence-based Medications (DRIVE) Study: A Randomized Evaluation of a Team-based Remote Education and Medication Management Program to Reduce CV and Kidney Risk.
- Improving Cardiac Rehabilitation Participation in Lower-socioeconomic Status Patients: Case Management Vs. Financial Incentives.
- Impact of Routine Assessment of Patient-Reported Health Status in Heart Failure Clinic (PRO-HF) Trial.
- Restrictive Versus Liberal Blood Transfusion Strategy in Type 1 Versus Type 2 Myocardial Infarction: A Prespecified Subgroup Analysis From the Myocardial Ischemia and Transfusion (MINT) Trial.
Clinical and Investigative Horizons
- Health 360x Registry: Scalable Workforce For Equitable Access to Point of Care Decentralized Clinical Trials
- Prevalence of Cardiovascular Disease and Risk Factors Among National Football League Alumni and Their Family Members: Results From the Huddle Study
- Hózhó (Heart Failure Optimization at Home to Improve Outcomes): A Pragmatic Clinical Trial of Telephone-based Guideline-directed Medical Therapy Optimization in Navajo Nation
- Advancing Acute MI Care in Densely Populated LMICs: Innovative Standalone Chest Pain Units For Expedited Triage and Timely Management – A Role Model For Global Healthcare Systems
- A Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Influence of a Spirituality Intervention on Blood Pressure Control, Central Hemodynamics and Endothelial Function: The Feel Trial
Lunedì 8 aprile:
Joint American College of Cardiology/Journal of the American Medical Association Late-Breaking Clinical Trials IV
- A Selective Aldose Reductase Inhibitor (at-001) For the Treatment of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy: Primary Results of the Phase 3 Randomized Controlled ARISE-HF Study
- Efficacy and Safety of Ninerafaxstat, a Novel Cardiac Mitotrope, in Patients with Symptomatic Nonobstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Results of IMPROVE-HCM
- Topical Tranexamic Acid to Reduce Seizures in Cardiac Surgery
- Preventing Cardiac Damage in Patients Treated For Breast Cancer and Lymphoma: A Phase 3 Randomized, Open Label, Blinded Endpoint, Superiority Trial of Enalapril to Prevent Anthracycline-induced Cardiotoxicity (PROACT)
- Outcomes After Technology Assisted Nonprescription Rosuvastatin Administration: The TACTiC Trial
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials V
- Coronary Sinus Reducer For the Treatment of Refractory Angina: A Randomised, Placebo-controlled Trial (ORBITA-COSMIC)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation Versus Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients at Low to Intermediate Risk: One Year Outcomes of the Randomized DEDICATE-DZHK6 Trial
- Effect of Alcohol-mediated Renal Denervation on Blood Pressure in the Presence of Antihypertensive Drugs: 3-month Primary Results From the Target Bp I Randomized Trial
- Preventive PCI or Medical Therapy Alone For Atherosclerotic Coronary Vulnerable Plaques
- Comparison of Intravascular Ultrasound-guided Versus Angiography-guided Angioplasty For the Outcomes of Drug-coated Balloon in the Treatment of Femoropopliteal Artery Disease
Featured Clinical Research III
- Fractional Flow Reserve-guided Complete or Culprit-only PCI in Patients With ST-elevation Myocardial Infarction
- A Multicenter Prospective Randomized Study Comparing the Incidence of Periprocedural Cerebral Embolisms Caused by Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation Between Cryoballoon and Radiofrequency Ablation
- Transseptal Versus Retrograde Aortic Ventricular Entry to Reduce Systemic Emboli (the TRAVERSE Trial)
- Intravascular Ultrasound-guided Versus Angiography-guided Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Acute Coronary Syndromes: The Multicenter, Randomized, Blinded, IVUS-ACS Trial
- Protein and Exercise to Reverse Frailty in Older Men and Women Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: The PERFORM-TAVR Trial
Ai sensi di quanto previsto dal D. Lgs. 219/2006, l’accesso a questo sito è consentito unicamente al personale sanitario. Pertanto, accettando di proseguire nella navigazione, e/o procedendo con la richiesta di registrazione al sito, si dichiara di essere in possesso di tale qualifica e si esplicita la veridicità e la correttezza delle informazioni fornite con conseguente assunzione di ogni eventuale responsabilità personale, civile e penale, come anche richiamate dal D.P.R. 445/2000, in caso di utilizzo di false, mendaci, non corrette informazioni.